Thursday, September 5, 2013

Upcoming memorial service for April Pitzer

April Pitzer: Missing since 06/28/2004

Got a google alert just now about a planned memorial service for April Pitzer, who was declared legally dead approximately a year ago.

Something about this case kills me. The mental illness aspect hits too close to home, I guess. Once I stop reeling from that, I think about Pitzer's mother- Gloria Denton- who's had to fight for her daughter with very little assistance. And my heart breaks all over again.

Anyway, no, the memorial doesn't mean Pitzer's been found. From this brief article, I gather that it's taking place for the well-being of her family. And, yep, Gloria Denton is also going to spend her time out there doing what's she's been doing for almost a decade: searching for her daughter's body.

Searching April Pitzer's name also gives me a few fairly recent articles: There was a profile on Gloria Denton and her ongoing efforts to find answers. Investigators are also looking into violent sex offenders who lived in the same area where Pitzer vanished. (Police primarily focused on two specific men who have since passed away, and do not seem to have considered others who lived in the area.)

That's all for now. Hopefully Denton's trip in late September will uncover new leads.

Graffiti thought to be related to April Pitzer


No comments:

Post a Comment